- Published on Thursday, 12 April 2012 13:15
Saskatchewan: Wakayos Developments Chief Executive Officer
Located in Balcarres, SK, near the beautiful Fort Qu’Appelle Valley, Wakayos Developments Ltd. is the new economic development corporation for the Little Black Bear First Nation. Established to strategically advance the Little Black Bear First Nations’ goals through business and economic development initiatives, Wakayos currently has businesses on and off reserve and is considering several new initiatives and partnerships. With a proud history, strong committed leadership, and an entrepreneurial spirit, the community is building a promising and prosperous future.
Wakayos Developments Ltd. is open for business and is seeking a visionary Chief Executive Officer who is a respected business leader with a proven track record for leading and growing for-profit businesses.
Reporting to an independent Board of Directors that represents the community and area, this newly created role oversees all new business development and opportunities while managing existing businesses including the lands portfolio. The new CEO will be a visionary leader and “high achiever” who initially will roll up their sleeves and be hands-on. This role will appeal to individuals who are passionate about driving business start-ups and new partnerships while providing leadership and strategic direction to existing business units and companies. She/he will be skilled in evaluating all aspects of new business opportunities as well as developing and analysing business plans, feasibility studies, financial projections and risk assessments. The successful candidate will have a strong collaborative influence with a reputation for establishing effective partnerships and building strong relationships with government officials, community members and corporations.
Possessing a post-secondary education in business or related field with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in business and economic development or an equivalent combination of education and experience, the Chief Executive Officer will possess the following key qualifications:
- Strong experience preparing and analyzing business plans, financial forecasts, feasibility studies and proposals for presentation to boards of directors, potential business partners, government officials, and lending institutions;
- Experience in overseeing the management of lands including: leased, reserve and specific claims;
- Essential CEO skills, including: leadership, coaching, human resource management, strategic planning, financial, administrative, policy development, and risk management abilities;
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information to a variety of audiences combined with an ability to negotiate agreements and contracts;
- The ability to develop policies, programs, and objectives that ensure accountability, transparency and the organization’s sustainability and profitability;
- Willingness to work flexible hours, travel as required, and relocate to Balcarres, Fort Qu’Appelle, or Regina, SK area; and
- Strong understanding of First Nations economic development and governance is an asset.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss this exciting opportunity further, please contact Brenda LaRose at (204) 257-9929 or via email.